Overview of HCVP Process for Landlords
- Landlord lists property at www.summithousingsearch.org or other resource.
- An HCVP participant selects the property.
- Landlord and participant complete and submit a Request for Tenancy Approval (RTA).
- The unit passes a Housing Quality Standards (HQS) inspection, AMHA approves the rent amount, and landlord and participant agree on a move in date.
- Landlord and tenant sign and submit the lease to AMHA.
- Landlord and AMHA enter into a Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) contract, which must be signed and returned within 60 days of the effective date of the contract.
- Ongoing payments are made via direct deposit on the first business day of the month. Payments can be reviewed through the Landlord Portal, see directions below.
- HQS inspections are conducted at least biennially. Inspection information can be reviewed through the Landlord Portal, see directions below.
- Participant’s rent portion is reviewed at least annually.
- When the participant wishes to move, landlord and participant will complete a Request to Move form and agree on a move-out date.
- Landlord will notify HCVP when the participant moves out.
Avoid Common Owner Violations
- Always maintain the unit in accordance with HQS standards.
- Never accept HAP payments from AMHA for a vacant unit.
- Never demand or accept “side” payments from a family. A side payment is any money paid by the tenant to the owner that is not in the approved contract rent. This includes payments for utilities not specified as a tenant responsibility.