Eligibility Interview Documents
If you have received an Eligibility Determination Interview letter from AMHA, please review the following information.
You are encouraged to fill out Pre-Interview Questionnaire online, before your appointment date. Doing so ahead of time reduces your total on-site interview time. Your interview letter includes a Household ID number in the top right corner of the letter.
You and all adult members of the household must have this number to fill out the online form.
If you are applying as the Head of Household, click HERE to fill out your form.
If you are the spouse, co-head, or other adult member to the Head of Household, click HERE to fill out your form.
What if I can’t make it to my assigned appointment? If you are unable to make your designated appointment date and time and you need to reschedule, you must email or call the AMHA Housing Placement scheduler at HP-Scheduler@akronhousing.org or (330) 376-9159.
If you fail to attend this appointment and do not contact AMHA to reschedule, your application will be withdrawn without further notice.
What to Bring to your Appointment
Please use the following list to prepare for this appointment. If you fail to bring required information, you may not be seen.
Household Member Information:
- Birth Certificates AND Social Security Cards for yourself and all household members on application.
- Driver’s License or State ID for all adult household members, eighteen (18) years of age and older.
- If any household member is not a U.S. Citizen, you must bring a Green Card or Passport for each member.
- All applicable court ordered custody agreements or documentation regarding foster children.
- If you have temporarily lost custody of your children, you must bring a copy of the case plan for reunification.
- Military Veterans – please bring a copy of your DD-214.
Landlord / Personal References:
- Three (3) years of landlord history, (JANUARY 1, 2020 – Current Date). Please bring each landlord’s first and last name, their full mailing address, telephone number and email address/fax number.
- Bring a copy of your current lease.
- Bring your most recent rent receipt.
- Bring your most recent utility bills: electric, gas, water/sewer, trash.
- Please bring contact information for three (3) personal references, including first and last name, mailing address, telephone number and email address/fax number. (Each reference must have a unique address.)
Income / Assets / Expenses / Students (bring all that apply):
- Employment – two (2) months most recent, consecutive pay-stubs,
- Unemployment, social security, supplemental security, DJFS cash assistance, pension funds – current benefit letters (printed within the last thirty (30) days),
- Self-employment – most recent tax return,
- Alimony or child support – twelve (12) month printout or proof of non-payment.
- Six (6) current consecutive checking account statements
- Most recent statement for savings, money markets, trust funds, certificates of deposit, stocks, bonds, IRA, Keogh, or other Retirement Investment Accounts.
- For all debit card accounts, ATM receipt showing current balance.
- Child Care (for Households paying for childcare for children under thirteen (13) years of age) – six (6) current consecutive receipts of payment or a printout of payment history from child care facility. Award Letter from Title 20/ODFJS is not acceptable.
- Medical (for Households whose Head, Spouse or Co-Head is sixty-two (62) years of age or older, handicapped or disabled) – current statement/print out (printed within the last thirty (30) days) of payments for a) medical insurance, b) health/dental/vision care professionals and facilities, c) prescription drugs, d) other medical expenses.
- Adult students: Current print out from school regarding education status, tuition/required fees and financial aid.