Items to Bring to Your Appointment

If you are applying for housing and coming to an appointment, please bring:

Household Member Information:

  • Birth Certificates AND Social Security Cards for yourself and all household members on application.
  • Driver’s License or State ID for all adult household members, 18 years of age and older.
  • If any household member is not a U.S. Citizen, you must bring a Green Card or Passport for each member.
  • All applicable court ordered custody agreements or documentation regarding foster children.
  • If you have temporarily lost custody of your children, you must bring a copy of the case plan for reunification.
  • Military Veterans – please bring a copy of your DD-214.

Landlord / Personal References:

  • Three (3) years of landlord history, (JANUARY 1, 2013 – Current Date).  Please bring each landlord’s first and last name, their full mailing address, telephone number and email address/fax number. 
  • Bring a copy of your current lease.
  • Bring your most recent six (6) months worth of rent receipts.
  • Please bring contact information for three (3) personal references, including first and last name, mailing address, telephone number and email address/fax number. (Each reference must have a unique address.)


Income / Assets / Expenses / Students (bring all that apply):

  • Employment – two (2) months most recent, consecutive pay-stubs,
  • Unemployment, social security, supplemental security, DJFS cash assistance, pension funds – current benefit letters (printed within the last 30 days),
  • Self employment – most recent tax return,
  • Alimony or child support – twelve (12) month printout or proof of non-payment.
  • Six (6) current consecutive checking account statements
  • Most recent statement for savings, money markets, trust funds, certificates of deposit, stocks, bonds, IRA, Keogh, or other Retirement Investment Accounts.
  • For all debit card accounts, ATM receipt showing current balance.
  • Child Care (for Households paying for childcare for children under thirteen (13) years of age) – six (6) current consecutive receipts of payment or a printout of payment history from child care facility.  Award Letter from Title 20/ODFJS is not acceptable.
  • Medical (for Households whose Head, Spouse or Co-Head is 62 years of age or older, handicapped or disabled) – current statement/print out (printed within the last 30 days) of payments for a) medical insurance, b) health/dental/vision care professionals and facilities, c) prescription drugs, d) other medical expenses.
  • Adult students: Current print out from school regarding education status, tuition/required fees and financial aid.

If you are currently on the Housing Choice Voucher Program or currently live in AMHA Public Housing and are coming to an appointment or are completing your certification online, please have these items available if applicable:

  • 3 Current and Consecutive Paystubs or proof of end date from employer
  • Cash Assistance Award Letter or Printout
  • Child Support Printout - 12 Months for ALL open cases, even if you are NOT receiving any payments, or provide official verification if you do not have an open case
  • Social Security Award Letter
  • Pension Statement
  • Self Employment Income
  • Unemployment Printout or letter stating when it started/ended
  • Current Bank Statements for any and all assets
  • For all debit card accounts, ATM receipt showing current balance
  • Proof of Child Care Costs (Title XX Letter)
  • Prescription Printout (12 Months)
  • Student Enrollment Verification for any household member 18 years and older, including proof of financial aid and tuition costs
  • Proof of any other income or assets